The Washington Football Team (7-9) host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) in the NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs as underdogs on January 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM ET on NBC. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 5, 2021, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Washington Odds
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay has a 9-7 record against the spread.
- Tampa Bay has split its games 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in nine out of 16 opportunities this season (56.2%).
- This year, Tampa Bay racks up 10.2 more points per game (30.8) than Washington gives up (20.6).
- Tampa Bay is 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall a season ago when the team scores at least 30.8 points.
- When Washington surrenders no more than 20.9 points, it has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall.
- Tampa Bay is an even 4-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 6-2 overall on the road.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Washington Betting Insights
- Washington has an 8-7-1 record against the spread.
- Just 10 of Washington’s 16 games this year have gone over the point total (31.2% of its outings).
- Washington racks up just 1.3 fewer points per game (20.9) than Tampa Bay surrenders (22.2).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 20.9 points.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 6-2 record against the spread and an 8-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 30.8 or fewer points.
- Washington is 4-3-1 against the spread in home games this year, and is 3-5 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Buccaneers||30.8 (3)||22.2 (8)||52.9|
|Washington||20.9 (25)||20.6 (4)||41.5|
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady leads the team with 4,633 passing yards (289.6 yards per game) and has a 65.7% completion percentage this year (401-of-610) while throwing 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 16 games.
- Ronald Jones II has taken 192 carries for a team-leading 978 rushing yards (61.1 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns in 16 games.
- In 13 games in 2020, Leonard Fournette has run for 367 yards on 97 carries (28.2 ypg), with six rushing touchdowns. Fournette also helps out in the passing game, catching 36 passes for 233 (17.9 ypg).
- Mike Evans has reeled in 70 passes to lead the team with 1,006 yards with 13 touchdowns. He has been targeted 109 times and averages 62.9 yards per game over 16 outings.
- Chris Godwin’s statline this year shows 65 catches for 840 yards and seven touchdowns in 12 games. He averages 70.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 84 times.
- Over 16 games in 2020, Rob Gronkowski has caught 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 receiving yards per game.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has collected a team-leading 9.5 sacks, while adding 7.0 TFL, 55 tackles, and two interceptions over 16 games.
- In 16 games over the 2020 campaign, Lavonte David has collected 118 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Mike Edwards has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding nine tackles and five passes defended 16 over games.
Washington Players to Watch
- This year, Alex Smith has put up 1,582 passing yards (197.8 yards per game) while going 168-for-252 (66.7% completion percentage) and throwing six touchdowns and eight interceptions in eight games.
- Antonio Gibson has taken 170 carries for a team-leading 795 rushing yards (56.8 yards per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns in 14 games. He’s also caught 36 passes for 247 yards (17.6 receiving yards per game).
- J.D. McKissic leads the team with 365 rushing yards on 85 carries (22.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 16 games in 2020. He also has 80 catches for 589 yards (36.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season, Terry McLaurin has 87 catches (on 134 targets) to lead the team with 1,118 yards (74.5 per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 15 games.
- Logan Thomas’ statline this year shows 72 catches for 670 yards and six touchdowns over 16 games. He puts up 41.9 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 110 times.
- Montez Sweat has notched a team-leading 9.0 sacks, while adding 12.0 TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception over 16 games.
- In 16 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Jon Bostic has totaled 119 tackles, 6.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Kendall Fuller leads the team with four interceptions and has added 50 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended 14 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from