The Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) host the Cleveland Browns (11-5) in the AFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs as favorites on January 10, 2021 at 8:15 PM ET on NBC. The over/under is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 5, 2021, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Steelers vs. Browns Odds
|Steelers (-4.5)||Over (46.5)||Steelers 29 Browns 20|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Steelers Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh has a 5-3 record against the spread at home this year, and is 7-1 overall in home games.
- Pittsburgh is 10-6 against the spread.
- The Steelers are just 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Most of Pittsburgh’s games this year — nine out of 16 — have gone over the point total (56.2%).
- The Browns defense has allowed 26.2 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 26 the Steelers have scored.
- In games where Pittsburgh score at least 26 points this season, they are 10-0 overall and 9-1 against the spread.
- Cleveland is 7-2 overall and 4-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.2 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Browns Betting Insights
- Cleveland has a losing 6-10 record against the spread.
- The Browns are just 2-5 ATS when an underdog by at least 4.5 points.
- Cleveland’s games have hit the over in nine out of 16 outings this season (56.2%).
- The Browns, on average, score six more points per game this season (25.5) than the Steelers allow (19.5).
- Cleveland is 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread when they score at least 25.5 points this season.
- When Pittsburgh allows opposing offenses to put 19.5 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- Cleveland’s record against the spread in away games this year is just 3-5, and its record on the road overall is 5-3.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Steelers||26 (12)||19.5 (3)||45.5|
|Browns||25.5 (14)||26.2 (21)||51.7|
Steelers Players to Watch
- Mason Rudolph leads the team with 324 passing yards (64.8 yards per game) and has a 58.1% completion percentage this year (25-of-43) while throwing two touchdowns and one interception in five games.
- James Conner has taken 169 attempts for a team-leading 720 rushing yards (48.0 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 15 games.
- In 16 games in 2020, Benny Snell Jr. has rushed for 368 yards on 111 carries (23.0 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Diontae Johnson has grabbed 88 passes to lead the team with 924 yards with seven touchdowns. He has been targeted 144 times and averages 61.6 yards per game over 15 outings.
- Chase Claypool has also added 873 yards on 62 grabs with nine touchdowns. He has been targeted 109 times and puts up 54.6 receiving yards per game over the course of 16 matchups this year.
- Over 16 games in 2020, JuJu Smith-Schuster has caught 97 passes on 128 targets for 831 yards and nine touchdowns, averaging 51.9 receiving yards per game.
- Stephon Tuitt has 11.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 10.0 TFL and 46 tackles over 16 games.
- Avery Williamson has totaled 111 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 15 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 80 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended 16 in games this season.
Browns Players to Watch
- Baker Mayfield has thrown for 3,563 yards while completing 62.8% of his passes (305-of-486), with 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 16 games this year (222.7 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 54 times for 165 yards and one touchdown, averaging 10.3 yards per game.
- Nick Chubb has churned out a team-high 1,067 rushing yards (88.9 yards per game) and scored 12 touchdowns in 12 games.
- Kareem Hunt leads the team with 841 rushing yards on 198 carries (52.6 yards per game), with six touchdowns on the ground over the course of 16 games in 2020. He also has 38 catches for 304 yards (19.0 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jarvis Landry has been targeted 101 times and has 72 catches to lead the team with 840 yards (52.5 ypg) and scored three touchdowns in 16 games this season.
- Rashard Higgins’ statline this year shows 37 catches for 599 yards and four touchdowns over the course of 14 games. He averages 42.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 52 times.
- Austin Hooper has caught 46 passes on 70 targets for 435 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 33.5 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- Myles Garrett has 12.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 10.0 TFL and 48 tackles over 16 games.
- In 14 games over the 2020 campaign, Karl Joseph has collected 64 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- M.J. Stewart has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 17 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended 15 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from